Building Superintendent - Live Oak
The Building Superintendent has the primary task of maintaining the interior and exterior of the Thrift Store in an orderly and clean manner. In addition, this employee assists in the receiving, storing, repairing, displaying, and disposing of non-cash items.
The Building Superintendent is directly responsible to the Thrift Store Manager. This position is eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Cleans and maintains the interior and exterior of the Thrift Store.
- Maintains sales floor, offices, customer lounge, and restrooms in a clean and presentable manner.
- Performs light maintenance such as changing bulbs and ballasts, painting, etc.
- Requisitions and stores cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Maintains surrounding grounds including mowing, trimming, keeping weeds off fence, etc.
- Responsible for the appearance and care of the equipment and vehicles assigned to the Thrift Store.
- Is familiar with the entire process of non-cash gifts and the operation of the Thrift Store.
- Assists in the pickup and receipting of donated items as needed.
- Receives, stores, repairs, cleans, and prices items to be sold.
- Assists customers and donors promptly and courteously.
Represents the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches and Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises in a positive manner to donors, customers and the general public and provides exceptional customer service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position must have a high school diploma or GED and 2 years experience in buildings and grounds maintenance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, capability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have a good working knowledge of most custodial duties and the operation of necessary equipment.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members and the public.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally sitting, while on a regular basis is walking, talking and climbing or balance, with extensive periods of time standing, listening, using hands/fingers, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and reaching with hands and arms.
The employee is required to regularly lift up to 100 pounds, with extensive periods of lifting between 10 - 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is occasionally performed in wet, humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, a risk of electrical shock and regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level of the work environment is usually loud in nature.
This is a part-time position at 24 hours per week. $11.00 hourly.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
Apply in person to 9291 97th Lane, Live Oak FL 32060 Contact Carol Cheesman, Store Manager OR Kyle Jenkins, Assistant Store Manager.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.