Store Manager II - Live Oak
The Thrift Store Manager position has overall responsibility for the operation of the Thrift Store, including the processing, pricing, displaying, and selling of inventory; customer and donor relations; and the appearance of grounds and buildings. Also, the Thrift Store Manager performs many duties in the areas of scheduling, transporting, and receipting of non-cash gifts. The Thrift Store Manager is responsible for maintaining accurate sales records, sales tax reports and other reports as required and necessary. The Thrift Store Manager is responsible for making deposits and preparing documentation to support sales.
The Thrift Store Manager is directly responsible to the Director of Operations.
This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Responsible for meeting budgeted net profit each fiscal year.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Thrift Store including;
a. Supervises all staff and volunteers, including but not limited to community service, assigned to the Store.
b. Processes administrative matters, incoming revenue, bills for payment, personnel records for staff (including performance evaluations), and advertising in an accurate and timely manner.
c. Maintains and arranges attractive and pleasing display and sales areas, and rotates items as necessary.
d. Ensures that all items are received, sorted, repaired, cleaned, priced, displayed, and sold appropriately.
e. Maintains a well organized, orderly testing shop and maintains a well arranged storage area.
f. Ensures that the building and grounds are maintained in an attractive and pleasing manner, including clean and attractive bathrooms.
g. Ensures that all assigned vehicles are maintained in good working order, are kept clean and presentable and that vehicle logs are kept current and up to date.
- Must have working knowledge of all Thrift Store positions to provide adequate coverage in the absence of employees.
- Establishes store hours and staffing patterns in order to attract the maximum number of customers.
- Creates and maintains excellent customer relations and public relations.
- Responsible for the scheduling and picking up of non-cash gifts, for the preparation and processing of non-cash receipts, and for being familiar with all non-cash receipting procedures.
- Represents the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches and Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises in a positive manner to donors, customers, and the general public; must be focused on providing exceptional service; and must ensure that employees and volunteers provide exceptional service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of (5) years work experience in a retail management position is required. A Bachelors degree in marketing or business related field is preferred. Must have and maintain a valid Florida driver's license and a clean motor vehicle report.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume; capability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; interpret extensive variety of instructions; and deal with problems involving a variety of situations.
- Must have a working knowledge of retail store operations.
- Must have the ability to delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Must have the ability to perform long range planning, business planning, forecasting, evaluations, and analysis of business functions.
- Must have the personality to work and communicate with other staff and the general public.
- Must possess and maintain good personal public relations.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, while regularly standing, walking, sitting, listening, talking, using hands/fingers, climbing or balancing, and reaching with hands and arms.
The employee is required to regularly lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
Work is generally performed in a retail sales environment. The employee regularly works in wet, humid, outdoors conditions and occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate in nature.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.