Receptionist - Admin Office Live Oak
The position of Receptionist is instrumental in setting the impression of Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises to donors, visitors, and general public. The Receptionist processes internal and external telephone calls and greets visitors. In addition, clerical duties are performed as time permits.
The Receptionist is directly responsible to the Vice President Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises.
This position is eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Receives incoming non-cash calls, obtains accurate information concerning the gift and the donor and relays the information to the proper staff for scheduling.
- Responds to and handles all calls quickly and efficiently, and records messages as appropriate.
- Ensures the lobby and receptionist areas are clean and free of clutter and ensures current informational materials are available to visitors.
- Maintains a current manual of procedures and instructions on the functions of the Receptionist position and switchboard, and for the orientation and training of other staff that provide relief coverage.
- Processes non-cash receipts for all Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises including the research of donors and checking for necessary updates or changes to donor’s record.
- Prepares non-cash receipts for gift entry by alphabetizing name and accurately enters required data in batch for all existing donors and creates files for all new donors.
- Assists with all aspects of our vehicle sales lot as needed. This includes helping customers, completing title paperwork, sales sheets, etc.
- Provides secretarial and clerical support as needed.
- Represents the Youth Ranches and Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises in a positive manner to donors, customers, and the general public and provides exceptional customer service
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position must have a high school diploma, clerical experience, experience with PC’s and window-based software, and Microsoft Office is preferred .
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively with groups.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, capability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; interpret extensive variety of instructions; and deal with problems involving variety of situations.
- Must have analytical, math, and grammar skills sufficient to meet minimum standards of the Youth Ranches Skills Test.
- Must have a working knowledge of office practices and equipment used in a general office environment.
- Must have the ability to set priorities and follow through to completion.
- Must have the ability to plan and organize work.
- Must be a detail person.
- Must have a pleasing telephone voice and personality.
- Must have the personality to work and communicate with other staff.
- Must have the ability to refrain from divulging confidential information to unauthorized persons.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly sitting, listening, talking, using hands and finger, and reaching with hands and arms. On an occasion the employe would stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
The employee is required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, regularly lift up to 25 pounds and extensively lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position include close, distance, color, depth perception, and have the ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and the noise level of the work environment is usually moderate in nature.
$10.00 an hour, full time
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.