Assistant Store Manager II - Live Oak
The Assistant Thrift Store Manager position has an overall responsibility for the operation of the Thrift Store including the processing, pricing, displaying and selling of inventory; customer and donor relations; and the appearance of the grounds and buildings in the absence of the Thrift Store Manager.
The Assistant Thrift Store Manager is also cross-trained to maintain accurate sales records and other sales reports, make deposits, and provide other documentation as requested.
The Assistant Thrift Store Manager is directly responsible to the Thrift Store Manager.
This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Supervises the overall operation of the Thrift Store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Is cross-trained in the Thrift Store Manager’s position to provide adequate coverage in the absence of the Thrift Store Manager.
- Supervises Store staff.
- Performs all administrative duties.
- Assures the security of the Store.
- Assists the Thrift Store Manager with any duties pertaining to the operation of the Store.
- Processes deposits, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Assists in pricing and marketing merchandise.
- Works closely with all staff members with all the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches programs, Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises cost centers, and the general public.
- Is familiar with the entire process of non-cash gifts, including receiving and distributing of items, and maintaining customer and donor relations.
- Coordinates the volunteer program ensuring all paperwork is correct and completed.
- Represents the Youth Ranches and Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises in a positive manner to donors, customers, and the general public and provides exceptional customer service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position must have a high school diploma or GED, 2 years experience in retail sales and/or management, knowledgeable with various types of office equipment and computers.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively with groups.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume; capability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to interpret extensive variety of instructions; and deal with problems involving variety of situations.
- Must have a working knowledge of cash register and other store equipment generally used in a retail store operation.
- Must have a working knowledge of retail storekeeping.
- Must have the ability to plan and organize work.
- Must have the personality to work and communicate with other staff and the general public.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly listening, talking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, and reaching with hands and arms. There are extensive periods of time when an employee would be standing, walking, and using hands and fingers.
The employee is required to regularly lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this position include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and must be able to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in a retail sales environment. The employee works occasionally in wet, humid conditions and near moving mechanical parts. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate in nature.
$15.87 an hour
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.