Senior Field Representative - Live Oak
The Senior Field Representative is the primary contact person with the donor in accepting and transporting non-cash gifts. The Senior
Field Representative accepts all driving responsibilities for the vehicles and equipment used at their respective cost center. In addition, this employee assists in the operation of the Thrift Store, as needed.
The Senior Field Representative is directly responsible to the Thrift Store Manager.
The Senior Field Representative is eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Is familiar with the entire process of non-cash gifts.
- Picks up and transports donated items.
- Issues accurate and legible non-cash receipts to donors.
- Assists with incoming calls in regards to scheduling local non-cash pickups, making sure to use high-quality phone skills.
- Assures that the proper maintenance is performed on all assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs or assures preventive maintenance.
- Assures that the appearance and care of vehicles and equipment is in keeping with Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches standards.
- Is responsible for maintaining proper vehicle tags.
- Is responsible for maintaining monthly vehicle driver logs.
- Transports items of need from one program to another, as applicable, and assures that all safety precautions are taken when transporting items. Assist in large scale donation drives as needed.
- Assists in the operation of the Thrift Store.
- Assists in the upkeep of the buildings and grounds.
- Receives, stores, repairs, cleans, and prices items to be sold as needed and assist in the upkeep of the thrift store warehouse.
- Assists in operating checkout lanes, including running the registers, as needed.
- Assists in performing administrative duties as needed.
- Represents the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches and Sheriffs Ranches Enterprises in a positive manner to donors, customers, and the general public and provides exceptional customer service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A high school diploma or GED is required. At least two years related experience is preferred. A Class A CDL issued by the state of Florida is preferred. A valid Florida driver’s license is required. The person in this position must maintain a good driving record.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to create and generate interest in the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches and its programs.
- Must have the ability to speak effectively and to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have the ability to maintain accurate records and prepare necessary reports.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members, sheriffs, and the public.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; and the ability to speak effectively with others.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position an employee will regularly be standing, walking, sitting, listening, talking, using hands and fingers, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and reaching with hands and arms.
The employee regularly lifts and/or moves objects weighing up to 100 pounds and occasionally lifts items weighing over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Employee is required to travel in this position with periodic overnight trips and long hours.
Working conditions for this job may include outdoor weather conditions.
The employee is required to regularly work in wet, humid, and outdoor conditions. There will be occasional times when the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat or cold (non-weather).
The noise level of the work environment is moderate in nature; however, during long periods of time traveling noise level would be loud.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Open until filled.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.